Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hebrews 4:12 and then some

Good day to you readers! Sincerely, I miss writing essays or pseudo-articles. The last time I wrote one was October 4. 22 days. If I’m a writer of an article on a broad sheet (which I feel is near impossible to happen because of variables like “self-editing”), chances are, I will be axed. Despite my tendency to be a klutz and absent-minded, I am doing my best adhering to the “Think before you click” campaign. Hence, I don’t write if I didn’t read good enough for the past week. My dynamic schedule (meaning not fixed) seems to prohibit me to write. However, I noticed that it’s been 22 days since the last time I wrote things. Definitely, this will be rusty. Hope you like it, not because you agree with it, but because a writer wrote again.

Now, allow me to begin this pseudo-article with a Bible verse:

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” – Hebrew 4:12

Most, if not all Christians, say that the Bible is the Word of God. I agree. I know this is classic and light stuff for most Christians out there, but believers one way or another are sometimes trapped in the mentality that if the Word of God is quoted by someone and is used as a reminder, it is an indication of self-righteousness. I partially agree because one can use God’s Word in a twisted, self-righteous manner. However, some parts of me disagree because the Bible is not made that way. The Bible is God’s Word made for the people to be read by the people as the basis of standard of living, not a way to appear spiritual. It’s like shouting “Amen” or “Praise the Lord”. You don’t shout it to look spiritual; you shout because you agree with what the Preacher or Pastor says. On the other, it’s not also right to quickly dig old skeletons to a person, and ultimately, you call him self-righteous. Because you deemed him or her self-righteous, you’ll dispose God’s Word plainly because the brethren mentioning the Scripture are not credible. True, it’s a consequence for someone to be disqualified in this plainly because he or she did something wrong. However, the mere fact that you keep on reminding old skeletons of a reforming brother/sister is an indication of self-righteousness.

Let us be reminded that one of the reasons why we go to church is to be reminded what actions not to do and what actions to do. The very reason why we open our Bible is because we subjected ourselves in God’s reminders, rebuke, and encouragement (Proverbs 1:3, 4).

The bottomline? Let’s stop calling Christians a bunch of self-righteous individuals. The fact that you pointed the self-righteous ones proves your being sanctimonious. Worst, it might be pride. Instead, let’s try going to church to receive words of wisdom, even if you hear that from an unlikely or not credible source. By doing so, it reveals good character. Yes, you’ll see “spiritual holes” on these brethren, especially if you’re the one who are just starting to rebuild yourself. However, one of the reasons why these so called self-righteous people are in the church is because they wanted to be reminded by God’s Word what not to do and not to do.

I know I ended on a strong note, but I hope and pray that genuine brotherly concern, not strong (sometimes condescending) approach will be seen. After all, I’m also like all true believers out there – saved by grace through faith.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

kevin21 said...

88pascher.com
sac a main louis vuitton
sac burberry
sac chanel
chaussures puma
chaussures nike
tee shirts louis vuitton
chanel femmes tee shirts
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml

colehaan said...

The total length of the Cheap D&G Sunglasses is also shorter as it starts at the hip, again resulting in the visual appearance of a shorter leg. An additional challenge of girls Abercrombie Fitch Online is that their centre back seam is also quite short. When someone wearing low-rise jeans bends over, it often reveals more of the buttock area than most of us wants to see. A classic and humorous example of this is Hollister Clearance sale. This also occurs when someone wearing low rider jeans sits down. There is just not enough fabric to cover the buttock area once bent and this is even more prevalent in super low rise true religion jeans outlet. This is a very unsightly scene even on the most magnificent of bodies.