Sunday, December 16, 2007

Today, December 16, 2007, will be the last Sunday for our Youngsters in the new church. I decided that the youngsters should have a Holiday break from the Youth ministry (only). However, it doesn’t mean they’ll have a Holiday break in the church. Since this is Christmas season, the new church will have a Christmas activity next Sunday, December 23. Besides, this is also a perfect time to spend with family, relatives, true friends, loved ones, etc.

The YPF will resume next year, January 6, 2008. Still though, I still plan to have an informal meeting with the college and working singles on what to do at 2008. Honestly, I spend time, money, and energy to these people because not all the time, I’ll be there for them. I believe that these singles can do better than I am. Besides, my assistant, Joef, may not be that dynamic, but he has rapport to the youngsters, especially to a specific youngster (I admit. I’m still praying for this youngster. I don’t know. Is it me or is it just the John Maxwell principle that a strong person will just follow a stronger person [stronger being that person]? Still though, whatever the reason is [only God knows], I can’t force someone to follow my lead. It is really earned).

It will be my 2nd Christmas in this new church. Honestly, I enjoyed my stay here. Even until now, I still thanked God for using this new church for me to bounce back. At times, I miss the old church. Someone indirectly told me that my place is not in this new church; it is in the old church. Yep, the person who said that is very much right, but what can I do? The leadership had spoken: I need to stay longer in this new church. I don’t want to play a rebel (like a typical excommunicated one). Thus, I will stay here, and I’m enjoying my stay here. I don’t want to be distracted with something that I can’t have for the mean time (you know what I mean). Still, I will let God move which church I should be, whether it be the old church or the new church. In case I’ll be back in the old church, it will be a struggle. My Mom and AC don’t want me there if they will have it their way (which the old church SHOULD understand).

Still though, at the end of the day, the fact remains: I’m a kick out. All of this is a by-product of what I have done. I have no choice but to live with it, while moving on.

However, Christmas is in the air. I don’t want to spoil the holiday because of this distraction in my head. God used the new church in order for me to feel the love and grace of God. I will always cherish this church that adopted me. I will always value them. Why? Most of them know what I did, yet they accepted me with open arms.

I don’t care if I’ll not be rewarded in Heaven for this ministry because this ministry is not connected with the old church. If God will just let me stay here until He comes without me serving the sentence in the old church, so be it. After, God is in charge, and I accept it with open arms. I just can’t help but serve God through the youth ministry. Christmas is in the air. I miss the old church, but God gave a new church to love and be loved, until the time that God doesn’t want me there.

For now, I just want to greet you advance Merry Christmas!

No comments: