Monday, December 3, 2007

another piece of past that i confronted...good.

A former co-leader in the old church made a “Friendster request” to me. At first, I was quite hesitant. She is the one who sarcastically told me, “Before you call me ‘sister’, have a public apology first”. Still, I added her. Then, I prayed what words to say. I have to say what I felt at those times. I need to tell her that, yes, what I have done is wrong, but what she had said to me was wrong. Yes, she may not accept it, but at least I have said. At least I have followed what the Bible said on this matter: if a brother is offended to someone, say it to the person personally.

Then, I gave her a two-part statement. It’s a tell-all. I told her honestly, yet tactfully as possible, what I felt. I told her that what she said is wrong. I told that that’s not how you treat a fallen brother. She replied, with a short one or two sentence, saying, “Oh well, it’s okay. Don’t worry. Past is past. It’s a good thing that you’re back.”

I admit, the reply is quite bitchy. She never admitted her mistake because I committed fornication. It’s like even if she said wrong things, it’s right because the one you’ll address committed something wrong. I believe in the principle of sowing and reaping. Sin begets sin. A snatcher will be robbed also, one way or another, AND the one who robbed him? Something will also happen to him and so on and so forth.

Oh well, at least I have said what I wanted to say. At least I have seen how irresponsible she is with her statements. Still, I know it will be easier said than done, I forgave her for that, the way God forgave me, the way I’m trying to forgive myself for what I did wrong.

Still, even if this is quite long, I will not allow my Monday to be ruined by that reality. It’s a good day…isn’t it?

No comments: