Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Poetries created within 30 minutes

"Inside this Room"

Inside this room, there are different ages.
All came from different places.
All come from different jobs.

Inside this room, every one can be a star.
“I’m a mathematician.”
“I’m an accountant.”

Inside this room, indeed every one can be a star.
“I’m a soldier and a lawyer”
“I’m a government worker.”

Inside this room, the harder your words, the better.
It will be impressive to use some Elizabethan.
It will be of good use if you can define what you say.

Inside this room, your pen will dictate who you will be.
Use the pen to solve, voila, you have friends.
Use the pen to draw, voila, gone will be they.

Inside this room, there are adults.
Adults like you and me
Adults that have responsibilities to fulfill.

Inside this room, there are kids.
Kids who will just have their way.
Kids ready to escape the places that they needed to go.

Inside this room, there are men and women.
Men and women that have limitations.
Men and women that have their own problems.

Inside this room, there are emotions.
There are smiling and crying.
There are loving and hating.

Inside this room, there are people
Who, after they went out, have other things to do
Who, after they went out, have their homes to go

Inside this room, there are students
Students that are of different culture, age, orientation, and life.
Students that are inside the room called Graduate School.
---------------------------------------
Obviously, "Inside this Room" is about my life in Graduate school. This poetry is "double edged" because I gave both my positive and negative view on life in graduate school. I created this during my lunch break in the office. I know, this one's rough because it was created in 30 minutes. Besides, i'm new doing poetry.
---------------------------------------
I had a collaboration with a poet from deviantart. He invited me to give my contribution in his "weekly collaboration"....Theta, one of my close friends in DA, is also part of of the weekly collaboration (hope that kid sister's doing fine)....

“Just like you and me”


It comes in different colors
Same as life…
Just like you and me.

It comes in different shapes,
Same as how we look…
Just like you and me.

It is there whenever there are events
Same as people who attend events right and left…
Just like you and me.

It is displayed for kids to pick the colors
Same as a teenager thinking what latest trend to pick…
Just like you and me.

It makes a crying kid happy when he holds it with his hand
Same as a sweet, caring mother ready to console her child…
Is it just like you and me?

It flies when you let it go
Same as a lover who doesn’t want to be loved…
At times, it’s just like you and me.

It flies and a kid that held it cries
Same as a lover who lost a beloved one…
Indeed, just like you and me.

It can be seen again, displayed for kids to see
Same as people who moved on after a major lost of someone or something…
Just like you and me.

It is called a balloon, the one with air inside.
Same as people, different colors, different sizes, but breathe the same air…
Just like you and me.
------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my contribution to my DA friend. Again, this was created in the span of 30 minutes. Why not longer in order to have a better literary quality? Simple: I'm busy. November 4 will be our YPF day (or as the new church pastor said, Young People's Day). November 17 will be Komikon 2007. Busy busy busy....it's ok...after all, i'm still bouncing as a ball (boing boing boing)

No comments: